Welcome to the home Champions of Westeros Online League! Please read the following rules carefully.
- The Champions of Westeros league is, and always will be, free to play.
- Players will be divided up into regions for the Swiss rounds to try and minimize availability differences. The Asia/Australia bracket will be merged with America/Europe if we don't get enough players (12) to make that a true region.
- Players will play 1 game per week for 6 weeks using Swiss matchups. The match-ups will be posted on Monday around 1 pm GMT, and players should report their results by midnight Sunday (GMT -4).
- Wins are 5 points. Modified Wins are worth 4 points. All losses are worth 0.
- You are responsible for scheduling your games with your opponent. If your opponent does not respond by 4 am GMT Thursday of the week, you may forward an email sent by you at least 24 hours prior to me (see contact sheet for my email) and a claim a modified win Note 1: You are still responsible for submitting the game report with "Game Not Played" for required fields.
- If you and your opponent are unable to find a time to play the game due to mutually conflicting schedules (very rare), you may message me and I will randomly determine a player to get a modified win.
- If your opponent is more than 20 minutes late to scheduled game, you may report a modified win.
- If you have reported a modified win but later a mutual time still exists, you may play and report the game as normal but you "lose" the modified win. If this happens, please notify me.
- After Swiss play is completed, a top cut will be played. Everyone with 4 wins will make the cut.
- Everyone, who makes cut typically will receive a alt art participation plot and the players in top 8 will get better random prizes. However this is dependent on player donations as costs average between $1 and $1.50 per player per season. See the Prize Tab for more details. Additional prizes may be awarded and announced as they are available. If you would like to donate a product for the prize contact Nerius Burdulis (see contact sheet). The addresses of participants eligible for prizes will be posted in the facebook prior to mailing for verification. Submission of an address is not required to participate but is required to receive the alt art.
- Players are strongly encouraged to join the Champions of Westeros Facebook group however this is not a requirement for participation.
- You can play any legal deck you wish each week. New cards are legal as soon as they are released on the Iron Throne. You don’t have to play the same deck each week but you can if you want.
- Failure to show for 2 games will result in a player being dropped. (1 game if you don't show in week 1)
- If you and your opponent can’t schedule a match for any reason, please contact me as soon as possible (Nerius Burdulis on facebook or see contact sheet for email).
- This league attracts players from around the world. By joining you are committing to playing 1 game per week for up to 10(ish) weeks. Keep in mind that not everyone lives in your time zone and you may occasionally have to play at weird times. Truly consider whether you can make this commitment before joining.
- All games are expected to be played via the Iron Throne (http://theironthrone.net). However if by mutual consent you want to play on Octgn, Skype or even in real life that is acceptable.
- If one player disconnects during a game and is unable to reconnect. The opponent may report a full win or offer to replay at their discretion.
- In the rare event of a dispute between two players, the decision of the tournament organizer (Nerius Burdulis) is final. In the super rare event of a dispute between me and someone else the decision of the ad hoc mediator is final.
- By entering this tournament you forfeit all rights to complain about how it’s run.
- Have fun and don’t be jerks to each other!
- 4 Leagues per year will be conducted. Because the vast majority of our players are from the northern hemisphere they will be creatively named the Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall seasons.
- Each League will last 11 weeks (6 rounds of Swiss, 5 rounds of elimination) + 2 weeks for registration
- For 2019 and beyond, the winter League will run roughly Jan-March, Spring will be April-June, Summer will be July to September and Fall will be October to December.